We appreciate Tri-County Tech's support!
This year United Way of Anderson County will celebrate 75 years of service to the community. Read the letter from Linda Jamieson, watch our Campaign Video, view our Impact Report, and click the Pledge Form tab to make your gift!
Our 2020 Impact Report
Click the "Full Screen" icon in the bottom right corner for the best view.
Dear TCTC Colleagues,
In April 2021 we are launching our Pacesetter United Way giving campaign. As Dr. DeHay reminds us, we have an opportunity to serve our communities differently. Therefore we support our community partner, The United Way of Anderson County, to help us do just that.
Our vision at TCTC is to transform lives and build strong communities one student at a time. United Ways work with partner agencies support improving the education, financial stability and health of our community.
The pandemic placed many families in the unfamiliar position of needing assistance for the very first time. Individuals were unprepared for their employers to be closed for extended periods of time. This caused the need for additional resources and support to spiral out of control. The need for resources and assistance has increased by 204% for Anderson County in 2020 and continues to this day (United Way of South Carolina 211 Annual Report).
In Anderson County today …
• 28,142 people live in poverty
• 14.4% of people live below the poverty line ($24,860 for a family of 4)
• 933 children are homeless in school districts 1-5
• 70% of the population is overweight or obese
Every dollar contributed to the United Way of Anderson County is leveraged to make the biggest impact. For example:
• $5/week can provide 260 books for children in low-income areas.
• $10/week can provide weekend snack-packs for 104 elementary school children who come to school hungry.
• $20/week can provide financial stability workshops for 50 under-employed parents
• $50/week can provide accessibility ramps for at least two elderly or disabled homeowners
• $100/week can provide 2,080 medical prescriptions for people in need
TCTC employees can help be part of the solution. This year Tri County Technical College is the first Pacesetter campaign of the 2021 year. Please consider making a gift to the United Way of Anderson County today. Together, we are transforming lives.
Vice President, Student Support and Engagement
TCTC 2021 United Way Campaign Chair