YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Picture ID – Driver’s License.
- Original Social Security cards for everyone listed on your return (PHOTOCOPIES NOT ACCEPTED)
- All income documents such as W-2’s, 1099’s, and other documentation of higher education expenses including tuition paid and student loan interest paid.
- Daycare expenses (include provider’s name/address/tax ID #).
- Last year’s tax returns (Federal and State).
- Documentation to support itemized deductions if applicable – includes mortgage loan interest paid, charitable contributions, property tax paid (home & auto) and medical expenses. [MUST BE ALREADY CALCULATED AND TOTALED ON ITEMIZATION WORKSHEET AVAILABLE AT SITES]
- Proof of foreign status, if apply for an ITIN
- Bank routing and account numbers for Direct Deposit of refunds.
For a complete listing of what VITA tax preparers can/cannot prepare and what you need to bring, visit www.irs.gov.
If you are filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign required forms. Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to complete required paperwork.