Good health is essential to living a quality productive life. Living a healthy lifestyle in a healthy and safe environment is essential for good physical and mental health.
- 65% of the adults in Anderson County are either overweight or obese.
- Childhood obesity continues to increase at an alarming rate.
- 18% of Anderson County residents lack health coverage.
- Over the past 5 years, rates of child abuse and neglect have increased by approximately 50%.
Dollars raised through the United Way are invested in community projects and local non-profit programs that:
- Increase healthy lifestyles, preventing disease and disability.
- Improve our County’s health environment.
- Decrease the number of children who are abused or neglected.
- Increase access to health resources.
UNITING for IMPACT - SUCCESS
Eat Smart Move More Anderson - By bringing partners together, the community is making joint efforts to ensure the places we work, live and play are environments in which the healthy choice is the easy choice – safe and affordable recreation, safe walking and biking trails and access to healthy foods.