Anderson County, South Carolina's Vision Plan-- Imagine Anderson-- was created in 2006 through a community-wide visioning process that defined the desired future state of Anderson County. Community residents from all areas of the County were a part of building this shared vision.
The plan serves as a catalyst for improving Anderson County over the next several years through 2026 when Anderson County will celebrate its Bicentennial.
The plan is a foundation for a great community. Anderson County has taken charge of its own destiny by creating this road map to the desired future of Anderson County.
The Imagine Anderson plan is an ambitious plan consisting of five (5) goal areas with a total of 102 corresponding objectives; many of which are interdependent, none of which are completely mutually exclusive. The five goal areas include:
- Growth Management
- Economic Development
- Health and Human Services
- Leisure and Recreation
CONTINUED ROLE of Imagine Anderson
The plan developed was a twenty year plan requiring continued attention to action, celebration of successes, and of strategic focus on actions needed to accomplish community goals, step-by-step. This is the continued role of Imagine Anderson and its Leadership Board. The continued roles of Imagine Anderson necessary for success include:
- Bringing people together at the community table to focus on specific goals and eliminate distractions from the day-to-day,
- Guiding and facilitating continued progress on specific priority actions,
- Continuing to build awareness and reinvigorating the community towards shared goals,
- Celebrating success, and acknowledging those individuals and organizations leading the successes,
- Listening to voices representing what matters most to the people of Anderson County, and
- Advocating for positive change.
Click here for a PDF of the complete 2013-16 Priority Action Plan.