United Way Offers Free Tax Preparations
United Way of Anderson County is partnering with local communities to expand the availability of free tax preparation services in Anderson County to household’s with income of $60,000 or less.
VITA – which stands for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance – is sponsored by the IRS, and run by local communities wishing to provide the service to local residents.
VITA tax preparers can prepare returns with credits including: Additional Child Tax Credit, Child and Dependent Care, Education Credits, Retirement Saver’s Credit.
VITA tax preparers can complete forms containing: Sale of property (such as home or stocks), self-employment income, rental income, farm income, military income, adoption credits, or foreign income with the proper certification.
YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Picture ID – Driver’s License.
- Original Social Security cards for everyone listed on your return (PHOTOCOPIES NOT ACCEPTED)
- All income documents such as W-2’s, 1099’s, and other documentation of higher education expenses including tuition paid and student loan interest paid.
- Daycare expenses (include provider’s name/address/tax ID #).
- Last year’s tax returns (Federal and State).
- Documentation to support itemized deductions if applicable – includes mortgage loan interest paid, charitable contributions, property tax paid (home & auto) and medical expenses. [MUST BE ALREADY CALCULATED AND TOTALED ON ITEMIZATION WORKSHEET AVAILABLE AT SITES]
- Proof of foreign status, if apply for an ITIN
- Bank routing and account numbers for Direct Deposit of refunds.
If you are filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign required forms. Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to complete required paperwork.
To schedule an appointment, call 1-866-892-9211 or 864 -326-3934