We all deserve a breath of fresh air!
Imagine Anderson, the United Way of Anderson County and the South Carolina Tobacco-Free Collaborative have joined together to promote and support the adoption of smoke-free policies across all Anderson County communities.
Did you know…
• According to a 2006 Surgeon General’s report, “There is no risk free level of exposure to secondhand smoke.”
• Restaurant and bar workers are exposed to 3-6 times more secondhand smoke than people married to smokers. Hospitality workers are the most heavily exposed and the least protected workers.
• No feasible ventilation system can eliminate the health risk of secondhand smoke, the only solution is to go 100% smoke-free.
• Approximately 80% of Anderson County chooses NOT to smoke.
It’s As Simple As Going Smoke-Free...
• Right here in Anderson County, Pendleton (2012), Williamston (2013), and West Pelzer (2014) have led the way and have already gone smoke-free.
• Anderson County Parks and TriCounty Technical College have gone smoke- free.
• Economic impact studies have shown no negative financial impact on businesses going smoke-free, and in fact, many studies site increases in revenue and decreases in operating costs.
Join Us. We want all Anderson County communities to become smoke-free. We all deserve a breath of fresh air!
What you can do:
- Frequent local smoke-free restaurants and shops near you.
- Enjoy local smoke-free parks.
- Shop in towns that are smoke-free (Pendleton and Williamston and West Pelzer).
- Encourage other local businesses and organizations to go smoke-free.
- Talk to your policymakers about passing a smoke-free ordinance for your community.