The Center for Nonprofit Excellence assists local nonprofit organizations by offering training and networking opportunities that can help improve services and build excellence.
The Center for Nonprofit Excellence is pleased to unveil its 2013-2014 training and networking series:
In today’s economy and environment, the nonprofit industry seems to be continually strained by the following challenges:
- Growing needs and limited resources.
- Duplicated and tired volunteer leaders – community leaders serving on multiple Boards.
- Over-worked and stressed employees - heightened potential for burn-out.
- Local businesses tiring of the seemingly endless requests for funding and sponsorships by local organizations.
- Non-profits closing their doors leaving voids in the community for needed programs.
To address these challenges, networking and partnering is becoming more of a necessity than ever before. Throughout the 2013-2014 series, we will offer learning and networking opportunities that allow us to discover how we can harness the power of our nonprofit partners for lasting improvements in our local nonprofit world!
All sessions are open to local nonprofit Board members, Executive Directors and other nonprofit professional staff. Registration for each event will open one month in advance. Registration reminders will be sent out via e-mail.
For more information, please contact Shannon Owen at email@example.com or 864-226-3438 ext. 116.
To download a copy of the 2016 training series, click here .
Favorite websites for non profits and community organizers:
SCANPO – South Carolina Association of Non Profit Organizations
Foundation Center’s Cooperating Collection
Board Source – building effective nonprofit boards
TechSoup – the technology place for nonprofits
The Nonprofit Quarterly
Anderson Services Association
Community Tool Box